Hit franchise The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is soon coming to the leading streaming platform Netflix with another slasher horror film of the same name, though the franchise had 8 hits in the list of their movies, they chose the first film of 1974 of the same name to be the direct sequel.
The last movie of the franchise namely Leatherface (2017) had done the business of 15 lac U.S dollars at the box office. The Texas Chainsaw massacre is the 9th film on the TCM movies list.
The plot of TCM will remain the same, revolves around Leatherface. This time a 25yr old moneymaker, and his teenage sister from San Francisco will become the cannibal Leatherface’s target. David Blue Garcia is the director, and Chris Thomas Devlin is the screenplay writer of the film.
Star Cast of Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Nell Hudson is essaying the role of 25 Yrs old, San Francisco-based moneymaker named Ruth.
- Elsie Fisher is portraying a disabled teenage girl named Lila, she is Ruth’s sister.
- Mark Burnham is the antagonist Leatherface character.
- Olwen Fouere is reprising his role as Sally Hardesty.
- Alic Krige is in the role of Mrs. Mc
- Jacob Latimore is Dante, a friend of Ruth
- Jessica Allain is Dante’s love interest.
- Sarah Yarkin in the role of Melody.
- Sam Douglas playing as Herb
- William Hope playing Sherrif Hathaway
- Jolyon Coy is also featured in the film.
Trailer and Netflix Release Date
Makers recently released the trailer on social media sites, describing Leatherface “In 1974 A Horror Legend was Born, In 2022 the Face of Madness Returns.” Though the TCM earlier was to release theatrically but owing to some unknown reason it is skipping the theatrical release and will be premiered exclusively on the giant digital service Netflix on 18 February 2022 for the worldwide audience.
All About the Film
Texas Chainsaw Massacre bankrolled by Fede Alvarez along with Rodo Sayagues, Kim Henkel, Ian Henkel, & Pat Cassidy. It is made under the banner of Legendary Pictures in association with Bad Hombre and Exurbia Films, Ricardo Diaz is the cinematographer and the music is given by Colin Stetson. Netflix is the distributor.